Friday, December 23, 2005

[Unexpected]

so i've been so much busier then planned recently but thx to everyone for their kind words and emails. basically my vacation was supposed to start on the 16th and over the next 6 days i worked 50 hours. my first 2 true days off were spent marathon shopping for Christmas and although i did accomplish much and get to spend it with a few friends it was exhausting! Then it was to get so much "better" little be it known to me!

Friday night the service dept. at the dealership where my SUV was being worked on decided to close 2 hours early with no notice to me! I called at 6:10pm to find out the total of my bill before I got there to pick up my SUV (by 8pm as I was told when i dropped it off the day before) but was instead told i couldn't get my SUV because the service dept went home early. The girl who answered the phone did tell me with great excitement, "you can get in Monday night though!". MONDAY NIGHT...had she missed what was happening during the weekend???!? A little holiday called CHRISTMAS and i would imagine most people would find it much easier to navigate WITH their vehicle! I informed her this was no dice and we'd have to find option B which happened to be "bring your spare keys tomorrow morn (Christmas Eve), we'll print your bill, you can pay, take your car with your spare keys and then just come back next week to get your keys out of the lock box. OK fine I thought, this i can handle. So Christmas Eve i got up and got to the dealership where they announced they could in fact get my keys from the lock box. NICE, i could have just come last night when i was right by the dealership but that's okay, i still got my SUV. I then headed to do the last of my shopping, it's this little game i play...how close to 0.00 can i get the balance of my checking account without going over!! But i found just what i was looking for and enjoyed greatly all the conversations about the game on that afternoon with various cashiers. I'm a die hard, in the blood, live, eat and breath, passionate Washington Redskins fan and I sported my jersey and Redskins Santa hat as I shopped so it drew quite a few comments. I then had to do my Christmas dinner shopping before heading into work (because i can't say NO when asked to work i found out) but it wasn't too bad since i ran into a friend who kept me company in the crazy long line. So i left the grocery store in a surprisingly good mood considering i was completely exhausted from work, too much shopping, my dealership experience, fighting the grocery store on Christmas Eve and was rushing next to work. But little did i know it was about to get even BETTER.
I got home and grabbed as many bags as i could out of my hatch, set a few on the ground so i could reach up to close the door and as it swung down to the latch to close it sounded like there was something stuck in the latch and it didn't close completely. Before the thought could leave my head of "what's in my latch?" i heard the coke bottles in my hatch tip over and the next thing i knew my horn honked and I could hear all the doors LOCK!! "noooooo way" i thought, "my keys are right here in my jacket........WHAT THE......where are they....NOOOOOOOO". I look in my back window and sure enough my keys are poking out from under my 'half shut' back hatch and there are coke bottles tipped over on top of them, bottles that obviously tipped over and fell directly on the LOCK button of my remote. What are the CHANCES! Only ME i thought! No big deal, everyone has a spare set of keys you think...yep, i sure did....IN MY PURSE because the stupid dealership had said to bring them. And yes, my purse was in fact in my front seat because i was just running the groceries upstairs, changing and running back out the door to work so why take my purse up for a 2 minute trip in the house? To say i 'freaked out' would be an understatement. My keys are locked in my car, i'm due to work in 10 minutes, i'm crying like madness because most of my presents for Christmas are IN MY CAR and i have no money left to call a locksmith.
Thankfully one of the guys i work with used to own his own locksmith business which my mother calmly reminded me of when i told her my crisis. And sure enough he went to my house after our first Candlelight service at our church and was in my car in under a minute.

Life for me is usually quite eventful! Thought i'd give you all an idea of where i've been. I should be back after the holidays in full force. =) MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!

No comments: